Male Pelvic Floor Workshop Newcastle
NOTICE: This course has been cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Due to the ongoing uncertainty regarding Covid -19 we will be taking expressions of interest for these courses.
Please register your interest by clicking on the RESERVE A PLACE button below. We will contact you in January to take payment and confirm the booking.
Due to current Covid-19 restrictions course will be restricted in size so don’t miss out.
Do you want to expand your skills treating men with continence issues?
A comprehensive 1 day workshop presenting of the basic theory and practical skills needed for treating urinary incontinence in men through retraining the muscles of the pelvic floor. Pre and post operative pelvic floor muscle exercise for prostate cancer will be covered
This workshop is open to Physiotherapists, Nurses (RN’s), Continence Nurses or Doctors. Attendance is available for both male and female health professionals.
When: Saturday 20th March, 2021
Where: Mercure Charlestown, 109 Madison Drive Charlestown NSW 2290
Charlestown is located approximately 12km south of downtown Newcastle. Charlestown is approximately 34km from Newcastle airport. There is train station at Kotara which is approximately 3km from Mercure Charlestown.
Speaker: Eileen Lavis – Eileen graduated as a Physiotherapist in 1993 and has a Post Graduate Certificate (Continence & Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation) and a Graduate Certificate in Continence Promotion & Management. Eileen carries a busy clinical caseload and lectures at the University of Newcastle. Eileen contracts to teach courses for The Australian Physiotherapy Association.
Cost: – $400 (incl GST)
|Eileen Lavis – Eileen graduated as a Physiotherapist in 1993 with a special interest in women’s health and continence which started as an undergraduate. In 2002 Eileen completed the Post Graduate Certificate in Continence and Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation from Melbourne University. In 2008 Eileen won The Continence Foundation of Australia National Conference Scholarship. Then in 2013 Eileen won The Continence Foundation of Australia Graduate Certificate in Continence Promotion & Management scholarship and completed the scholarship with a mark of 99.6% in 2014. Eileen previously owned Rathmines Physiotherapy & Sports Injury Centre from 2002 – 2019. In Eileen 2014 purchased the very successful Chiarelli Healthcare. To better reflect the services provided by both companies Eileen merged the Continence & Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy team of Rathmines Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Centre with the training and products company of Chiarelli Healthcare to open Complete Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy. Eileen’s additional roles include:|
- Review of male anatomy and the physiology of incontinence and pelvic floor dysfunction
- Clinically relevant assessment methods
- Clinical assessment forms for you to use in your practice straight away
- Evidence based treatment strategies
- Actual clinical case studies
- Pre and Post prostatectomy assessment and treatment
- Opportunity to ask questions and have open discussions
- Pre-reading and workbook provided
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea on the day
- Certificate of attendance
This course does not include a practical real time ultrasound component.
Who should attend:
- Physiotherapists wishing to commence work in the field of male continence and pelvic floor training and those already working in the field wishing to consolidate their knowledge.
- Nurses & Continence Nurses wishing to commence work in the field of male continence or those wishing to enhance and build upon their existing skills.
- Doctors including trainees, interns and registrars wishing to have a thorough understanding of the conservative management of male continence issues and the role of Physiotherapists and conservative management.
|8.30am – 8.40am||Introduction||Eileen Lavis|
|8.40am – 9.30am||Anatomy & Physiology||Eileen Lavis|
|9.30am – 10.00am||Men Have Pelvic Floor Muscles Too||Eileen Lavis|
|10.00am – 10.30am||Prostate Cancer||Eileen Lavis|
|10.30am -11.00am||Morning tea|
|11.00am – 11.45am||Male Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms (MLUTS)||Eileen Lavis|
|11.45am-1.00pm||Assessment the whole picture||Eileen Lavis|
|2.00pm-2.45pm||Pelvic Floor Muscle Exercise Prescription||Eileen Lavis|
|2.45pm-4.15pm||MLUTS Management Strategies||Eileen Lavis|
|4.30pm-5.00pm||Case Studies||Eileen Lavis|