Update on Real Time Ultrasound Training for Pelvic Floor Assessment and Treatment
Do you want to update your skills?
A comprehensive 1/2 day workshop presenting the basic theory and practical skills needed for assessing the pelvic floor in women and men with real time ultrasound. Transabdominal and Transperineal ultrasound will be covered.
The workshop is open to professionally qualified Physiotherapists, Doctors and student Physiotherapists. The workshop is open to women and men.
When: This course is not available in 2020. Please call us to register your interest for future workshops.
Where: Mercure Charlestown
109 Madison Dr, Charlestown, NSW, 2290
Practical sessions: Complete Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy
Suite 18, Level 2, OTP House, 10 Bradford Close, Kotara, NSW, 2289
Kotara is located approximately 9km south of downtown Newcastle. Kotara is approximately 27km from Newcastle airport. There is train station at both Kotara and Adamstown which are less than 2km from Complete Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy.
Speaker: – Dr Irmina Nahon – Dr Irmina Nahon graduated with a Bachelor of Applied Sciences (Physiotherapy) from the University of Sydney in 1991. She has since developed a strong interest in Pelvic Floor rehabilitation and has a Post Graduate Certificate in Continence and Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy from Melbourne University (2000), and a Master of Physiotherapy from the University of South Australia (2003). In November 2011, she was awarded her PhD entitled “Assessment and Management of Male Urinary Incontinence” from the University of Sydney. In 2016 she completed a Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Education for the University of Canberra.
Why: Theory and practical sessions with small group tutors ensures comprehensive coverage of the topic to enable you to see clients straight away. Both Transabdominal and Transperineal assessment will be covered for both women and men.
Numbers for this workshop are strictly limited. Book early to avoid disappointment.
Cost: $200 (incl GST) early bird (prior to 19/4/2019)
- $220 (incl GST) after 19/4/2019
(Note: 10% discount if booking one other course and 15% discount if booking the Update on Real Time Ultrasound for Pelvic Floor Assessment and Treatment Workshop, Female Pelvic Floor Workshop and Male Pelvic Floor Workshop at the same time).
|Course||RTUS||RTUS and Female||RTUS and Male||RTUS, Female and Male|
|Real Time Ultrasound (RTUS) – early (prior to 19.4.2019)||$200||$684 (10% discount)||$517 (10% discount)||$984 (15% discount)|
|Real Time Ultrasound (RTUS) – late (after 19.4.2019)||$220||$729 (10% discount)||$558 (10% discount)||$1028 (15% discount)|
Note: Real time ultrasound = RTUS
Current students: $200 (inl GST) (student identification to be provided)
- Theory of basic real time ultrasound skills
- Clinically relevant assessment methods for women and men
- Assessing the pelvic floor using real time ultrasound – lecture – transabdominal and Transperineal approach
- Clinical assessment practical use of real time ultrasound for you to use in your practice straight away
- Opportunity to ask questions and have open discussions.
- Morning tea
- Certificate of attendance
- Workbook included
Who should attend:
- Physiotherapists wishing to commence work in the field of continence and pelvic floor training and those already working in the field wishing to consolidate their knowledge.
- Doctors including trainees, interns and registrars wishing to have a thorough understanding of the use of real time ultrasound
- Students of Physiotherapy wishing to commence a career in continence management and pelvic floor rehabilitation
- Those wishing to update their skills in Female Pelvic Floor assessment and treatment can attend a 2 day course prior to Update on Real Time Ultrasound for Pelvic Floor Assessment and Treatment. Discounts apply to attend both courses. CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT FEMALE PELVIC FLOOR WORKSHOP
- Those wishing to update their skills in Male Pelvic Floor assessment and treatment can attend a 1 day course after the Update on Real Time Ultrasound for Pelvic Floor Assessment and Treatment Discounts apply to attend both courses. CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT MALE PELVIC FLOOR WORKSHOP
Mercure = Mercure Charlestown
CPFP = Complete Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy
|Saturday 2nd June 2019||Presenter||Venue|
|8.45am||Registration – Mercure Charlestown||Mercure|
|9.00am||Basic RTUS skills||Dr Irmina Nahon||Mercure|
|10.15am||Assessing the Pelvic Floor using RTUS||Dr Irmina Nahon||Mercure|
|11.00am||Travel to Complete Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy||CPFP|
|11.20am||Assessing the Pelvic Floor using RTUS – practical||Dr Irmina Nahon & Eileen Lavis||CPFP|
|1.00pm||Course Concludes||Eileen Lavis||CPFP|