|After graduating Eileen worked both in the public hospital system and in private practice in New South Wales. Eileen then worked in Canada for 6 years where she worked for herself and in 3 clinics, one of which she played a fundamental role in its successful establishment. All clinics were multi-disciplinary, with a strong focus on rehabilitation.|
Eileen now solely practices in Continence and Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy after gaining a Post Graduate Certificate in Continence and Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation from Melbourne University in 2002. Eileen completed a Graduate Certificate in Continence Promotion and Management in 2014 after winning a scholarship from The Continence Foundation of Australia.
In 2014 Eileen purchased Chiarelli Healthcare who provided educational workshops to Doctors, Physiotherapists and Nurses regarding Continence and Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation and sells the book Women’s Waterworks – Curing Incontinence.
Complete Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy was then developed in 2014 by combining the continence and pelvic floor services of Rathmines Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Centre (which Eileen owned from 2002-2019) with Chiarelli Healthcare. The name was changed to better reflect the services that were provided.
Eileen carries a clinical caseload as well as lecturing independently, for The University of Newcastle, The Australian Physiotherapy Association and Family Planning NSW.
- Casual lecturer and tutor at The University of Newcastle
- Clinical supervisor for undergraduate Physiotherapy and Midwifery students at The University of Newcastle
- Contractual lecturer for The Australian Physiotherapy Association
- Lecturer for Family Planning NSW – midwifery programme
- Presenter at conferences and medical, nursing and allied health in-service programmes
- Provides input into the development of clinical pathways of continence management in Hunter New England Health service
- Hunter Academy of Sport Injury Management Consultant
- Provides book reviews for international journals
Areas of Special Interest
- Continence and pelvic floor rehabilitation for the bladder and bowel
- Pelvic and Sexual Pain
- Children’s bedwetting and continence issues
- Prostate Cancer Rehabilitation
- Prolapse Management
- Women’s Health
Women’s Health Qualifications, Awards & Affiliations
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Physiotherapy) – University of Sydney
- Post Graduate Certificate in Physiotherapy (Continence and Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation) – University of Melbourne 2002
- Graduate Certificate Continence Promotion and Management 2014
- The Continence Foundation of Australia 2008 National Conference Scholarship.
- The Continence Foundation of Australia Graduate Certificate in Continence Promotion & Management scholarship winner 2013
- Registered Physiotherapist – Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Member of The Australian Physiotherapy Association (APA) & associated Continence and Women’s, Men’s and Pelvic Health Special Interest Groups, The Continence Foundation of Australia (CFA), International Urogynecological Association (IUGA), International Society for the Study of Sexual Medicine (ISSM), International Society for the Study of Vulvovaginal Diseases (ISVVD) and International Continence Society (ICS)
- Registered Health Services Provider with WorkCover, Medicare, Department of Veteran’s Affairs, 3rd Party Insurers & all major Health Funds
- Eileen is passionate about improving the continence and pain status of Australians and often conducts education sessions for community groups. If you would like Eileen to provide an education session at your workplace, community group or school please contact the clinic via email, the contact us section of the website or phone 4975-1311.
In her spare time Eileen enjoys:
- Playing touch football and walking or hiking
- Travelling with her 4 girls
- Seeing live shows