Men’s Pelvic Floor Services
It is a myth that only women have a pelvic floor – men have a pelvic floor too!
For further information on the conditions we treat please click on the conditions in the sidebar.
The pelvic floor muscles are important for bladder and bowel control as well as sexual function. In Australia 1 in 4 Australians over the age of 15 report incontinence. An estimated 30 per cent of men who visit their GP are affected by incontinence, yet more than 60% of men do not discuss the issue.
Physiotherapy can help your pelvic floor dysfunction. If you are not sure if you have a bladder or bowel issue please complete our continence survey:
What to expect at your consultation:
- The initial assessment is conducted in a private room with knowledgeable, experienced Continence and Pelvic Floor Physiotherapists
- The initial assessment is approximately 1 hour, which includes a thorough verbal history and physical examination at the consent of the man.
- At the initial appointment you will be provided with information and activities to commence the treatment and improvement in your condition.
- Follow-up consultations are 30-60 minutes depending on your condition
- Regular reassessment of your condition
- Follow-up communication with the referral sources
How to make an appointment:
- Referral is not required for private clients
- Referral required for Department of Veterans Affairs, Medicare, Third Party and WorkCover clients
- Call 4975-1311 for an appointment
http://www.prostate.org.au/ Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia
http://hpca.org.au/ Hunter Prostate Cancer Alliance
https://www.andrologyaustralia.org/ Andrology Australia